Bruni gives birth to baby girl: report
PARIS (Reuters) - French first lady Carla Bruni gave birth to a baby girl on Wednesday, French media reported, her first child with husband President Nicolas Sarkozy and the first baby born to a French presidential couple in office.
Europe 1 radio and BFM television said Bruni gave birth at around 8 p.m. (2 p.m. EDT) after being admitted earlier in the day to the La Muette maternity clinic in central Paris.
Neither the president's office nor La Muette would immediately confirm the reports.
(Reporting by Morade Azzouz; Writing by Catherine Bremer)
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in dispute over envoy's New York arrest
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |
- The Fabulously Entrepreneurial Life of Ronnie Biggs