U.S. cannot confirm reports of Gaddafi's capture
WASHINGTON Oct 20 (Reuters) - The U.S. State Department on Thursday said it could not confirm that deposed Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi has been captured and wounded in both legs.
"We've seen the media reports but can't confirm them," State Department spokeswoman Beth Gosselin told Reuters. (Reporting by David Morgan)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Thai PM proposes referendum on her future as protesters prepare big push