Petra Solar buys energy services company in Jordan
(Reuters) - Solar services company Petra Solar has bought Jordan-based EnergyFlow Consulting LLC, a provider of software and hardware to energy producers and consumers, to expand its presence in the Middle East.
Petra named former EnergyFlow CEO Hisham Othman as a vice president to lead its expansion in the Middle East and Africa, the South Plainfield, New Jersey-based company said in a statement on Thursday.
Reuters on October 7 had reported about an impending deal by privately held Petra.
"EnergyFlow Consulting is a huge asset to us as we expand our business," Petra CEO Shihab Kuran said in the statement.
EnergyFlow, whose customers range from power utilities to water utilities and oil & gas producers to chemical companies, also offers project development consultancy.
Petra, which equips solar panels to monitor the electrical grid and communicate data to utilities, has a $200 million contract to outfit 200,000 utility and streetlight poles with solar units for a Public Service Enterprise Group utility.
(Reporting by Krishna N Das in New York, editing by Bernard Orr)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |
- Ukraine accuses Russia of invasion after aid convoy crosses border
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling