Gaddafi body being taken to secret location: NTC official
MISRATA, Libya (Reuters) - The body of deposed Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi is being taken to a location which is being kept secret for security reasons, a National Transitional Council official said Thursday.
Gaddafi died of wounds suffered Thursday as fighters battling to complete an eight-month-old uprising against his rule overran his hometown Sirte, Libya's interim rulers said.
"Gaddafi's body is with our unit in a car and we are taking the body to a secret place for security reasons," Mohamed Abdel Kafi, an NTC official in the city of Misrata told Reuters.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canadian police see no apparent links in Quebec, Ottawa attacks |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement