Syrian forces kill 13 in Libya-inspired protests
AMMAN Oct 21 (Reuters) - President Bashar al-Assad's forces shot dead on Friday at least 13 anti-Assad protesters whose numbers were swelled by the killing of former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, activists and residents said.
Most of the killings were in the central city of Homs and in Hama to the north, scene of some of the largest military operations in a crackdown on the seven month uprising, where a nascent insurgent movement has also emerged, they said. (Reporting by Khaled Yacoub Oweis, Amman newsroom)
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details |