Syrian forces kill 13 in Libya-inspired protests
AMMAN Oct 21 (Reuters) - President Bashar al-Assad's forces shot dead on Friday at least 13 anti-Assad protesters whose numbers were swelled by the killing of former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, activists and residents said.
Most of the killings were in the central city of Homs and in Hama to the north, scene of some of the largest military operations in a crackdown on the seven month uprising, where a nascent insurgent movement has also emerged, they said. (Reporting by Khaled Yacoub Oweis, Amman newsroom)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge