Steve Jobs book may be Amazon's 2011 top seller
Oct 24 (Reuters) - The new biography of deceased Apple Inc Chief Executive Steve Jobs may be Amazon.com Inc's top-selling book of 2011, a spokeswoman at the largest Internet retailer said on Monday.
The biography "Steve Jobs," by Walter Isaacson, hit bookstores on Monday but was released earlier than expected on Apple's iBooks online store and Amazon's Kindle late Sunday.
The book is the best-selling book on Amazon.com and is also listed as the top-selling electronic book on the company's Kindle ebook store.
"The way things are trending, it could very likely be our top-selling book of the year," Amazon spokeswoman Brittany Turner said in a statement.
Turner did not say whether ebook versions of the biography are out-selling physical versions.
However, James McQuivey, an analyst at Forrester Research, said that on average 50 percent of best seller books are digital and in some cases that can go as high as 70 percent.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand