BP L.A. refinery prepares for maintenance -sources
Oct 25 (Reuters) - BP Plc's 265,000 barrel per day (bpd) Los Angeles-area refinery in Carson, California, was preparing on Tuesday for a seasonal overhaul, set to begin on Wednesday and last through Nov. 15, according to sources familiar with refinery operations.
The overhaul was described as "routine, seasonal work" by one of the sources as the refinery moves from summer gasoline production to making winter-blend fuel.
A BP spokesman declined to discuss refinery operations.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM