US approves first BP offshore well permit since spill
WASHINGTON, Oct 26 (Reuters) - U.S. offshore drilling regulators on Wednesday approved BP's first drilling permit for a new exploratory well since last year's Gulf oil spill. "BP has met all of the enhanced safety requirements that we have implemented and applied consistently over the past year," said Michael Bromwich, head of the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions