Moderate 5.2 quake hits Calif. near Reno, Nevada
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A moderate 5.2 magnitude earthquake occurred on Thursday in northeastern California, 35 miles west of Reno, Nevada, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
The quake struck at 11:37 p.m. Pacific time (2:37 a.m. EDT) at a depth of 8.5 miles in a sparsely populated area 90 miles northeast of Sacramento, California. There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Financial health: The four numbers to zero in on
- Ebola patient coming to U.S. as aid workers' health worsens
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight