Moderate 5.2 quake hits Calif. near Reno, Nevada
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A moderate 5.2 magnitude earthquake occurred on Thursday in northeastern California, 35 miles west of Reno, Nevada, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
The quake struck at 11:37 p.m. Pacific time (2:37 a.m. EDT) at a depth of 8.5 miles in a sparsely populated area 90 miles northeast of Sacramento, California. There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
- Malaysia signals missing plane has crashed; probes false IDs |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back-Malaysia military