Kim Kardashian Divorce Makes Her Instant Poster Girl for Gay Marriage
Kim Kardashian's mini-marriage became an instant rallying cry among same-sex marriage advocates who pointed out that she was allowed to make a joke of the institution while many gay couples who want lifelong marriages still aren't allowed to wed.
"Kim Kardashian files for divorce after 72 days. Another example of how same-sex marriage is destroying the sanctity of the very institution," joked Geoge Takei on Twitter, expressing the sentiment of many.
Also read: Kardashian, Humphries Earned $250K for Each Day of Marriage
Tweeted gossip blogger Perez Hilton: "Straight people do a damn well good job themselves of ruining the sanctity of marriage! #MarriageForAll."
Kardashian joins Britney Spears and other celebrities whose quickie marriages have made gay marriage advocates shake their heads.
Kardashian filed for divorce Monday after 72 days of marriage. Her wedding in August earned her and husband Kris Humphries an estimated $18 million in profits.Related Articles: Kim Kardashian Divorce: $250K for Each Day of Marriage (Update)
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters