Europe may already be in recession, says Canada
OTTAWA Nov 1 (Reuters) - Europe may already be in a recession, or at least on the verge of entering one, Canadian Finance Minister Jim Flaherty said on Tuesday.
Flaherty spoke to a parliamentary committee a few hours after the Bank of Canada repeated predictions Europe would enter a short recession.
"Europe is going through a very difficult time. It may well be in - or entering into - recession," Flaherty said.
- Target confirms major card data theft during Thanksgiving
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |