Europe may already be in recession, says Canada
OTTAWA Nov 1 (Reuters) - Europe may already be in a recession, or at least on the verge of entering one, Canadian Finance Minister Jim Flaherty said on Tuesday.
Flaherty spoke to a parliamentary committee a few hours after the Bank of Canada repeated predictions Europe would enter a short recession.
"Europe is going through a very difficult time. It may well be in - or entering into - recession," Flaherty said.
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee