Jimmy Kimmel Hosting White House Correspondents' Dinner
In a campaign that has already featured a singing Herman Cain, a drunk-sounding Rick Perry and Michele Bachman saying a vaccine may cause mental retardation, it's hard to imagine the kind of material Jimmy Kimmel will be able to draw from when he hosts the White House correspondents' dinner six months from now.
But we have a feeling he'll have plenty of it.
Also read: Dogged by Harassment Claim, Herman Cain Sings
The "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" star was announced Tuesday as the host of the annual event, previously hosted by such politically minded comedians as "Saturday Night Live"'s Seth Meyers and "The Colbert Report"'s Stephen Colbert.
The 98th White House Correspondent's Association dinner is scheduled for April 28, by which time Republicans may have chosen a nominee in the 2012 election.
The dinner is famous for presidents trying -- and often succeeding -- at being funny. This past year, President Obama scored with a routine mocking birthers, just hours before he announced the killing of Osama bin Laden.Related Articles: MSNBC's Chris Matthews: Obama Will Lose If He's Not More Kennedy-esque 'Justified' Actor Tries to Sell Herman Cain as 'Real' Candidate in Western-Themed Ad (Video)
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Easter truce |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |