Hugh Grant is new father of baby girl
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actor Hugh Grant, known for films such as "Notting Hill" and "Bridget Jones's Diary," has welcomed a baby girl into his life following a brief affair with an unidentified woman, his spokeswoman said on Tuesday.
"I can confirm that Hugh Grant is the delighted father of a baby girl. He and the mother had a fleeting affair and while this was not planned, Hugh could not be happier or more supportive. He and the mother have discussed everything and are on very friendly terms," said Grant's spokeswoman said in an e-mail to Reuters.
The identity of the mother was not disclosed, nor were the details of the couple's relationship.
This is the first child for the 51-year-old "Bridget Jones" actor, who has had previous high-profile relationships with model Elizabeth Hurley and British socialite Jemima Khan.
Grant, who has had a quiet year so far in his career, will next voice the role of a captain in animated pirate movie.
(Reporting and Writing by Piya Sinha-Roy; Editing by Bob Tourtellotte)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |