MF Global says it used clients' money: report
(Reuters) - MF Global Holdings Ltd., the futures broker that filed for bankruptcy protection on Monday, has admitted to using its clients' money as its financial troubles mounted, AP reported, citing a U.S. official.
An MF Global executive made the admission to federal regulators in a phone call early Monday, AP reported.
MF Global did not keep its customers' money separate from its own, CME Group CEO Craig Donohue said on Tuesday.
(Reporting by Jonathan Spicer in New York, editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data