MF Global says it used clients' money: report
(Reuters) - MF Global Holdings Ltd., the futures broker that filed for bankruptcy protection on Monday, has admitted to using its clients' money as its financial troubles mounted, AP reported, citing a U.S. official.
An MF Global executive made the admission to federal regulators in a phone call early Monday, AP reported.
MF Global did not keep its customers' money separate from its own, CME Group CEO Craig Donohue said on Tuesday.
(Reporting by Jonathan Spicer in New York, editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |
China landed an unmanned spacecraft on the moon, joining the United States and the former Soviet Union in the first such "soft-landing" since 1976. Slideshow