Apple to issue software fix for iPhone battery
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Apple Inc on Wednesday said it will release a software update to its iOS 5 operating system, acknowledging some customer complaints on the performance of the new iPhone 4S battery.
"A small number of customers have reported lower-than-expected battery life on iOS 5 devices," An Apple spokesman said. "We have found a few bugs that are affecting battery life and we will release a software update to address those in a few weeks."
Apple did not provide any more details but a rash of complaints on the new phone's short battery life have cropped up in online forums.
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media