Apple to issue software fix for iPhone battery
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Apple Inc on Wednesday said it will release a software update to its iOS 5 operating system, acknowledging some customer complaints on the performance of the new iPhone 4S battery.
"A small number of customers have reported lower-than-expected battery life on iOS 5 devices," An Apple spokesman said. "We have found a few bugs that are affecting battery life and we will release a software update to address those in a few weeks."
Apple did not provide any more details but a rash of complaints on the new phone's short battery life have cropped up in online forums.
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- New Russia sanctions threats as Ukraine stalemate goes on |
- Florida man charged with murdering son so he could play video games
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official