Apple to issue software fix for iPhone battery
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Apple Inc on Wednesday said it will release a software update to its iOS 5 operating system, acknowledging some customer complaints on the performance of the new iPhone 4S battery.
"A small number of customers have reported lower-than-expected battery life on iOS 5 devices," An Apple spokesman said. "We have found a few bugs that are affecting battery life and we will release a software update to address those in a few weeks."
Apple did not provide any more details but a rash of complaints on the new phone's short battery life have cropped up in online forums.
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general |
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Branson to meet Virgin Galactic space team after crash |
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California