Apple to issue software fix for iPhone battery
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Apple Inc on Wednesday said it will release a software update to its iOS 5 operating system, acknowledging some customer complaints on the performance of the new iPhone 4S battery.
"A small number of customers have reported lower-than-expected battery life on iOS 5 devices," An Apple spokesman said. "We have found a few bugs that are affecting battery life and we will release a software update to address those in a few weeks."
Apple did not provide any more details but a rash of complaints on the new phone's short battery life have cropped up in online forums.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |