Apple to issue software fix for iPhone battery
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Apple Inc on Wednesday said it will release a software update to its iOS 5 operating system, acknowledging some customer complaints on the performance of the new iPhone 4S battery.
"A small number of customers have reported lower-than-expected battery life on iOS 5 devices," An Apple spokesman said. "We have found a few bugs that are affecting battery life and we will release a software update to address those in a few weeks."
Apple did not provide any more details but a rash of complaints on the new phone's short battery life have cropped up in online forums.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |