Apple to issue software fix for iPhone battery
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Apple Inc on Wednesday said it will release a software update to its iOS 5 operating system, acknowledging some customer complaints on the performance of the new iPhone 4S battery.
"A small number of customers have reported lower-than-expected battery life on iOS 5 devices," An Apple spokesman said. "We have found a few bugs that are affecting battery life and we will release a software update to address those in a few weeks."
Apple did not provide any more details but a rash of complaints on the new phone's short battery life have cropped up in online forums.
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine
- Guilt may spoil restorative effects of entertainment
- Water main break, geyser flood UCLA campus, strand motorists |
- At least 43 Palestinians killed as Israel maintains pressure on Gaza |