HTC says to launch new tablet model next year
TAIPEI Nov 7 (Reuters) - HTC Corp , the world's No.5 smartphone maker, said on Monday it will launch a new tablet model next year, its first since a debut model in February.
"It's a market we would like to try and test, to see whether we can make ourselves stand out and prevent a me-too product," HTC CEO Peter Chou told a media briefing.
Last Monday, HTC warned its sales in the fourth quarter, traditionally a bumper sales season for smartphones, would drop below the previous quarter and analysts' forecasts as the Taiwanese firm struggles to compete against bigger rivals. (Reporting by Clare Jim; Editing by)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'