Northern League's Bossi calls on Berlusconi to resign
ROME Nov 8 (Reuters) - Silvio Berlusconi's closest ally, Northern League leader Umberto Bossi, on Tuesday called on the Italian prime minister to bow to intense market and politcial pressure to resign.
"We asked the prime minister to stand down," Bossi told reporters on the margins of parliament ahead of a closely watched vote later on Tuesday. Bossi met with Berlsusconi late on Monday.
The Northern League leader said Berlusconi should be replaced by the secretary of his ruling People of Freedom party, Angelino Alfano.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- UPDATE 4-Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe