KKR's Kravis sees Europe as biggest concern
HONG KONG Nov 9 (Reuters) - Kohlberg Kravis Roberts co-founder Henry Kravis said on Wednesday volatility and uncertainty in global markets have created enormous challenges and threats as financial firms, investors and governments face sovereign debt crisis and a slowdown in major economies.
Speaking at a gala dinner at the AVCJ conference in Hong Kong, Kravis said Europe "remains our biggest concern."
Kravis, one of the pioneers of the private equity industry, also said it expects high U.S. unemployment to persist for a long time, but he doesn't see the world's largest economy hitting a double-dip recession.
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official