China urges peaceful resolution to Iran nuclear issue
BEIJING (Reuters) - China called on Wednesday for a peaceful resolution of the Iran nuclear issue after the International Atomic Energy Agency concluded Tehran appears to have conducted work on designing an atomic weapon.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said China was still studying the report, but urged Iran to show "flexibility" and "sincerity."
"China advocates using peaceful means to resolve the Iran nuclear issue," he told a daily news briefing.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions