Italy's Northern League would not back Monti government: Maroni
ROME (Reuters)- Italy's Northern League, Silvio Berlusconi's closest coalition ally, would not back a possible new government led by former European commissioner Mario Monti,
senior party member Roberto Maroni said on Thursday.
Maroni said the Northern League would be in the opposition if a Monti-led government is appointed. He reiterated the
League's view that new elections are the only realistic option f or Italy after Berlusconi steps down.
(Writing by Catherine Hornby)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine