Taylor Swift named country music entertainer of year
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Taylor Swift won the top honor at the Country Music Association awards show on Wednesday, taking the trophy for entertainer of the year for the second time.
The 21-year-old country pop crossover artist, whose "Speak Now" album is one of the year's best-sellers, beat veterans Brad Paisley, Blake Shelton, Keith Urban and the favorite, Jason Aldean, in her only win of the night. She first won the top prize in 2009. (Reporting by Jill Serjeant; Editing by Peter Cooney)
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups agree to three-day Gaza truce |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |