Taylor Swift named country music entertainer of year
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Taylor Swift won the top honor at the Country Music Association awards show on Wednesday, taking the trophy for entertainer of the year for the second time.
The 21-year-old country pop crossover artist, whose "Speak Now" album is one of the year's best-sellers, beat veterans Brad Paisley, Blake Shelton, Keith Urban and the favorite, Jason Aldean, in her only win of the night. She first won the top prize in 2009. (Reporting by Jill Serjeant; Editing by Peter Cooney)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official