Anna Kournikova Exiting 'Biggest Loser' After One Season
Tennis star Anna Kournikova is exiting NBC's "The Biggest Loser" after just one season -- one in which her tough style didn't always win over contestants.
"I enjoyed my time on the 'Biggest Loser' ranch. Although I will not be returning as a full time trainer on season 13, I will always be a part of 'The Biggest Loser' family and my commitment to bettering lives through health and fitness will continue," she said in a statement.
Kournikova joined as a host and trainer for the show's twelfth season after Jillian Michaels' exit. Kournikova's exit was first reported by The Hollywood Reporter.
Though Kournikova emphasized discipline over inspiration, her toughness did endear her to some contestants. Competitor Joe Mitchell told People that Kournikova helped him "fix my thinking" and believe he could lose weight. He dropped from 348 lbs. to 269 at the time of his elimination.Related Articles: Anna Kournikova, Magazine Cover Model and Tennis Player, Joins 'Biggest Loser' Jillian Michaels Leaving 'Biggest Loser'
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel