RUSAL says Q3 net profit jumps to $432 mln
HONG KONG Nov 14 (Reuters) - Russia's United Company RUSAL Plc, the world's top aluminium producer, said on Monday its third quarter net profit jumped sharply from a year ago despite weak economic conditions that dampened prices and demand for the light metal.
RUSAL, which competes with U.S. aluminium maker Alcoa Inc and China's Chalco , posted a net profit of $ 432 million in the three months ended September, beating an average forecast of $ 409 million from 10 analysts polled by Reuters.
This compared with profit of $ 29 million for the same period a year earlier, it said in a statement .
Shares of RUSAL ended down 2.4 pct on Friday. They have lost nearly half of their value this year, underperforming a 17 percent loss in the benchmark Hang Seng Index.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image