Regina King Named SAG Awards' Social Media Ambassador
"Southland" star Regina King will serve as social media ambassador for the 18th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards and announce the nominations next month.
King will post on Twitter and Facebook and serve as the online face of the awards as she provides viewers with behind-the-scenes access to the ceremony.
The awards wil air on TNT and TBS on Sunday, Jan. 29, and the nominations will be telecast on both networks at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 14. They will also be streamed on tnt.tv and tbs.com. TNT also airs "Southland."
The fourth season of "Southland" begins Tuesday, Jan. 17. King plays Lydia Adams, a sharp LAPD detective who can't resist getting emotionally attached to her cases. In March she won an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series for the role.
She was previously nominated for a SAG award as a member of the cast of "Ray," for which she also won an Image Award. Her screen credits include "Jerry Maguire," "How Stella Got Her Groove Back," Enemy of the State," and "Boys in the Hood."Related Articles: 'Southland's' Chris Chulack: Getting Cancelled by NBC Made Us Better TheWrap's 'Southland' Screening: Behind the Scenes (Video)
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media