UPDATE 1-Qihoo Q3 beats, sees Q4 rev above estimates
* Sees Q4 rev $55-56 mln vs est $47.1 mln
* Q3 adj earnings per ADS $0.16 vs est $0.10
* Q3 revenue $47.5 mln vs est $42 mln
Nov 16 (Reuters) - China-based Qihoo 360 Technology Co posted better-than-expected quarterly results and forecast strong revenue for the current quarter as the provider of antivirus software draws more money from online advertising.
The company, which also makes other Internet security products, forecast fourth-quarter revenue of $55-56 million. Analysts, on average, were expecting fourth-quarter revenue of $47.1 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
For the third quarter, net income rose to $11 million from $3.8 million a year ago. Excluding items, the company earned 16 cents per American Depositary Share (ADS).
Revenue for the quarter rose to $47.5 million from $15.5 million a year ago.
Analysts, on average, expected third-quarter earnings of 10 cents per ADS on revenue of $42 million.
The company's ADS closed at $18.92 on Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |