NTT Docomo to spend $11 bln on 4G LTE, launch LTE smartphones
HONG KONG (Reuters) - Japanese cellular carrier NTT DoCoMo Inc plans to spend a total of 880 billion yen ($11 billion) on the rollout of 4G LTE (long term evolution) networks through fiscal 2015 and to launch LTE-enabled smartphones this winter, President and Chief Executive Ryuji Yamada said on Wednesday.
He made the comments at a mobile conference in Hong Kong.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Chris Lewis)
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 1-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Ukrainian riot police clash with protesters in Kiev square
Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography. See more