New York to announce details of bomb plot
NEW YORK (Reuters) - New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg will hold a news conference about the arrest of a man who authorities believe was planning to build and detonate a bomb, the New York Times reported Sunday.
The mayor's office announced a joint news conference at 7:30 p.m. with the police commissioner and district attorney.
The suspect, arrested within the past 24 hours, wanted to target government workers, the Times reported, citing a person briefed on the case.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |