New York to announce details of bomb plot
NEW YORK (Reuters) - New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg will hold a news conference about the arrest of a man who authorities believe was planning to build and detonate a bomb, the New York Times reported Sunday.
The mayor's office announced a joint news conference at 7:30 p.m. with the police commissioner and district attorney.
The suspect, arrested within the past 24 hours, wanted to target government workers, the Times reported, citing a person briefed on the case.
(Reporting by Daniel Trotta; Editing by John O'Callaghan)
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |