China's mobile subscribers rise 1.3 pct to 951.6 mln in Oct
HONG KONG Nov 21 (Reuters) - China, the world's largest mobile phone market, saw a 1.3 percent monthly increase in total number of mobile subscribers to 951.6 million in October, data from the country's three telecom operators showed.
China Mobile, the country's largest mobile carrier, said mobile subscribers in October increased to 638.89 million, including 45.33 million 3G subscribers.
China Unicom , the No. 2 carrier, said mobile subscribers rose to 192.38 million, including 33.15 million 3G subscribers.
Mobile subscribers at China Telecom, the smallest of the three operators, increased to 120.29 million, including 31.19 million 3G subscribers.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentine debt talks down to the wire to avert default
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |