China's mobile subscribers rise 1.3 pct to 951.6 mln in Oct
HONG KONG Nov 21 (Reuters) - China, the world's largest mobile phone market, saw a 1.3 percent monthly increase in total number of mobile subscribers to 951.6 million in October, data from the country's three telecom operators showed.
China Mobile, the country's largest mobile carrier, said mobile subscribers in October increased to 638.89 million, including 45.33 million 3G subscribers.
China Unicom , the No. 2 carrier, said mobile subscribers rose to 192.38 million, including 33.15 million 3G subscribers.
Mobile subscribers at China Telecom, the smallest of the three operators, increased to 120.29 million, including 31.19 million 3G subscribers.
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- South Korea investigates capsized ferry crew as rescue hampered by tides |
- Retailer Michaels Stores confirms payment card data breach
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- Nobel winner Garcia Marquez, master of magical realism, dies at 87 |