China's mobile subscribers rise 1.3 pct to 951.6 mln in Oct
HONG KONG Nov 21 (Reuters) - China, the world's largest mobile phone market, saw a 1.3 percent monthly increase in total number of mobile subscribers to 951.6 million in October, data from the country's three telecom operators showed.
China Mobile, the country's largest mobile carrier, said mobile subscribers in October increased to 638.89 million, including 45.33 million 3G subscribers.
China Unicom , the No. 2 carrier, said mobile subscribers rose to 192.38 million, including 33.15 million 3G subscribers.
Mobile subscribers at China Telecom, the smallest of the three operators, increased to 120.29 million, including 31.19 million 3G subscribers.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- Alibaba surges 38 percent on massive demand in market debut |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |