Egypt cabinet submits resignation to military council
CAIRO Nov 21 (Reuters) - Egypt's ruling military council was considering on Monday whether to accept the resignation of the entire cabinet tendered the day before, after violent clashes in Cairo's Tahrir square between police and protesters, a cabinet source said on Monday.
The cabinet spokesman Mohamed Hegazy said "considering the difficult circumstances the country is going through in the current period, the government will continue to perform its full duties until a decision on the resignation is made," state news agency MENA quoted him as saying. (Reporting by Shaimaa Fayed; Writing by Dina Zayed)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official