China fund Hony Capital raising up to $2.6 bln-sources
HONG KONG Nov 21 (Reuters) - Hony Capital is aiming to raise up to $2.6 billion in a new private equity fund, two sources said on Monday, in what is set to be the biggest ever dollar raising for a China-based fund.
Hony's fifth dollar fund raising is nearly double its previous $1.4 billion fund raised in 2008, sources with knowledge of the matter told Reuters. Hony CEO John Zhao had flagged the fund raising in June without giving details.
The fund was launched in August, a third source said.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet