Egypt's army council seeking new PM: source
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's military council is seeking agreement on a new prime minister before it accepts the resignation submitted by the cabinet of Prime Minister Essam Sharaf, a military source told Reuters on Monday.
The source said no formal announcement would be made until the ruling military council had agreed on the candidate. He did not provide further details.
(Reporting by Marwa Awad; Writing by Dina Zayed)
- Abbas-led Palestinian body backs Hamas truce demands in Gaza |
- UPDATE 4-Train carrying MH17 bodies reaches government-held Ukrainian city
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- Microsoft sees end to Nokia losses, shares rise after hours