- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Female hostage died from police bullet in New York standoff: official
U.S. deficit panel fails to reach deal
WASHINGTON Nov 21 (Reuters) - A U.S. congressional "super committee" on Monday failed to reach a deal on reducing federal government deficits, the co-chairs of the panel said.
"After months of hard work and intense deliberations, we have come to the conclusion today that it will not be possible to make any bipartisan agreement available to the public before the committee's deadline," Democratic Senator Patty Murray and Republican Representative Jeb Hensarling said in a joint statement.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this