Samsung in last-stage talks to launch Google TV -president
SEOUL Nov 22 (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics , the world's top TV maker, is in last-stage talks with Google to roll out Google TV, the head of Samsung's TV division told reporters on Tuesday.
Yoon Boo-keun, president of Samsung's TV division, said the company planned to unveil its Google TV at an event next year, but not the Consumer Electronics Show in January. He added that Samsung's Google TV offering would differ from those of competitors.
Google TV -- which currently comes built-in on certain Sony Corp television models and on Logitech International set-top boxes -- allows consumers to access online videos and websites on their TVs, as well as specialised apps such as video games.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'open aggression' as rebels advance |
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- European investors hold nerve as Russia-Ukraine warnings ratchet up
- Syrian army, rebels fight on Golan where peacekeepers held |
- Pakistani protesters clash with police, soldiers secure state TV |