Samsung in last-stage talks to launch Google TV -president
SEOUL Nov 22 (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics , the world's top TV maker, is in last-stage talks with Google to roll out Google TV, the head of Samsung's TV division told reporters on Tuesday.
Yoon Boo-keun, president of Samsung's TV division, said the company planned to unveil its Google TV at an event next year, but not the Consumer Electronics Show in January. He added that Samsung's Google TV offering would differ from those of competitors.
Google TV -- which currently comes built-in on certain Sony Corp television models and on Logitech International set-top boxes -- allows consumers to access online videos and websites on their TVs, as well as specialised apps such as video games.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South