- Frenetic search for survivors as 91 feared dead in tornado-hit Oklahoma |
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Dollar firms before Bernanke, inflation dip hits sterling |
- IRS officials back on Capitol Hill hot seat over targeting
Samsung in last-stage talks to launch Google TV -president
SEOUL Nov 22 (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics , the world's top TV maker, is in last-stage talks with Google to roll out Google TV, the head of Samsung's TV division told reporters on Tuesday.
Yoon Boo-keun, president of Samsung's TV division, said the company planned to unveil its Google TV at an event next year, but not the Consumer Electronics Show in January. He added that Samsung's Google TV offering would differ from those of competitors.
Google TV -- which currently comes built-in on certain Sony Corp television models and on Logitech International set-top boxes -- allows consumers to access online videos and websites on their TVs, as well as specialised apps such as video games.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this