JetBlue wins auction for more NY flights: report
(Reuters) - JetBlue Airways Corp (JBLU.O) won an auction for eight new takeoff and landing slots at both LaGuardia in New York and Reagan National in Washington, Bloomberg News reported on Wednesday, citing people familiar with the matter.
Bloomberg said JetBlue would pay $72 million for the 16 slots, which were won in a U.S. Department of Transportation auction and will let it expand operations at both airports.
JetBlue spokespeople were not immediately available for comment on the report.
Separately, WestJet Airlines Ltd (WJA.TO) said it had also won eight takeoff and landing slots at LaGuardia in the auction.
(Reporting by Ben Berkowitz; Editing by Steve Orlofsky)
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee