- Sopranos star James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- End to Fed stimulus, China slowdown rattles swathe of world investments
- Arizona killer who asked for speedy execution found dead in cell
- UPDATE 2-Storm Barry heads for Mexico Gulf coast oil installations
Groupon short position almost 3 million shares: Nasdaq
(Reuters) - There was a short position of almost three million Groupon Inc (GRPN.O) shares at the end of last week, according to Nasdaq data released on Friday.
Nasdaq said the number of Groupon shares held short as of November 15, or short interest, was 2.92 million. That is 8.3 percent of the shares available to trade, or the float, according to Thomson Reuters data.
Nasdaq releases short interest data on a week lag, so the Groupon numbers do not include negative bets or hedges from this week.
Groupon shares plunged below the company's $20 IPO price on Wednesday. The stock slipped 1.2 percent to close at $16.75 on Friday.
(Reporting by Alistair Barr, editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this