Saboteurs blow up Egypt gas pipeline to Jordan, Israel
CAIRO (Reuters) - Saboteurs blew up Egypt's gas pipeline to Jordan and Israel on Monday, witnesses and security sources said, a few hours before the country holds its first free election since President Hosni Mubarak was toppled in February.
The explosion was set off west of al-Arish in Sinai, witnesses said.
Security forces and fire trucks raced to the scene.
(Reporting by Yusri Mohamed and Dina Zayed; editing by Elizabeth Piper)
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- Chinese hacked U.S. military contractors: Senate panel
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
- IMF warns of risks from 'excessive' financial market bets