- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Justice Department defends journalist email search
Oklahoma teacher who photographed kids in lingerie arrested
OKLAHOMA CITY |
OKLAHOMA CITY (Reuters) - A third-grade teacher who resigned this week after parents accused her of dressing their daughters in lingerie and photographing them at a Christmas party was arrested on Thursday.
Kimberly Crain, 47, was arrested at her home in Shawnee, Oklahoma, and will face charges of manufacture of child pornography and lewd acts with a child, said District Attorney Richard Smothermon.
He said she will be arraigned Friday and that he plans to request $1 million bail.
Crain had been an elementary teacher for six years in McLoud, Oklahoma, about 30 miles east of Oklahoma City, when she allegedly invited third- and fourth-grade girls to her home last month for a Christmas party. She is accused of having the girls dress in holiday-themed bras and panties and photographing them.
The FBI has seized computers used by the suspect and recovered deleted files from her cell phone, said Smothermon.
A phone call to Crain's attorney was not immediately returned.
(Reporting by Steve Olafson; Editing by Corrie MacLaggan and Jerry Norton)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this