UPDATE 1-Groupon shares climb above $20 IPO price
Dec 2 (Reuters) - Groupon Inc shares rose above their $20 initial public offering price on Friday.
Groupon stock slumped below $20 last month on concern about competition from rival LivingSocial and how the European debt crisis might affect overseas growth.
However, Groupon released strong early holiday sales numbers this week and executives said international growth remains strong.
Groupon shares rose more than 7 percent to an intraday high of $20.82 on Friday. The stock was up 5.5 percent to $20 in late-morning trading.
- Russia criticizes EU sanctions, raps U.S. over Ukraine role |
- Israel says ready to extend short Gaza truce; many bodies pulled from rubble |
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |