UPDATE 1-Groupon shares climb above $20 IPO price
Dec 2 (Reuters) - Groupon Inc shares rose above their $20 initial public offering price on Friday.
Groupon stock slumped below $20 last month on concern about competition from rival LivingSocial and how the European debt crisis might affect overseas growth.
However, Groupon released strong early holiday sales numbers this week and executives said international growth remains strong.
Groupon shares rose more than 7 percent to an intraday high of $20.82 on Friday. The stock was up 5.5 percent to $20 in late-morning trading.
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Family of instructor killed at Arizona gun range does not blame girl