UPDATE 1-Groupon shares climb above $20 IPO price
Dec 2 (Reuters) - Groupon Inc shares rose above their $20 initial public offering price on Friday.
Groupon stock slumped below $20 last month on concern about competition from rival LivingSocial and how the European debt crisis might affect overseas growth.
However, Groupon released strong early holiday sales numbers this week and executives said international growth remains strong.
Groupon shares rose more than 7 percent to an intraday high of $20.82 on Friday. The stock was up 5.5 percent to $20 in late-morning trading.
- Maine nurse fights Ebola quarantine, says will not be bullied |
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist