Groupon shares climb above $20 IPO price
(Reuters) - Groupon Inc shares rose above their $20 initial public offering price on Friday.
Groupon stock slumped below $20 last month on concern about competition from rival LivingSocial and how the European debt crisis might affect overseas growth.
However, Groupon released strong early holiday sales numbers this week and executives said international growth remains strong.
Groupon shares rose more than 7 percent to an intraday high of $20.82 on Friday. The stock was up 5.5 percent to $20 in late-morning trading.
(Reporting by Alistair Barr. Editing by Robert MacMillan)
- Target says data from 40 million cards stolen in November-December
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |