Groupon shares climb above $20 IPO price
(Reuters) - Groupon Inc shares rose above their $20 initial public offering price on Friday.
Groupon stock slumped below $20 last month on concern about competition from rival LivingSocial and how the European debt crisis might affect overseas growth.
However, Groupon released strong early holiday sales numbers this week and executives said international growth remains strong.
Groupon shares rose more than 7 percent to an intraday high of $20.82 on Friday. The stock was up 5.5 percent to $20 in late-morning trading.
(Reporting by Alistair Barr. Editing by Robert MacMillan)
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Mediator heads to east Ukraine, seeking surrenders |