Fox Accuses 'The Muppets' of Brainwashing Kids Against the Rich
If I didn’t know better I’d say that Disney slipped someone over at Fox Business Channel a bill to go on a rant against its hit movie, “The Muppets.”
On Fox Business Channel anchor Eric Bolling showed a clip of the new Disney movie and suggested -- well, no, he said outright -- that the story was aimed at planting the seeds of class warfare among our precious children.
That’s because the Muppet–villain is an oil baron called Tex Richman.
“What’s actually going on there? Is liberal Hollywood using class warfare to brainwash our kids?” he asked, quite reasonably.
Well, of course it is.
“They’ve been doing it for decades,” rejoined Fox guest, Dan Gainor. “Hollywood -- they hate the oil industry, they hate corporate America.”
The rest of America must love the oil industry, and has a warm and fuzzy feeling for corporate America. That must be why that Occupy Wall Street thing hasn’t gone anywhere.
We’ll roll the tape. You decide.
By the way, Disney did not respond to requests for comment.Related Articles: 'Muppets' Director: 'I Didn't Want to Ruin People's Childhoods' 'Breaking Dawn' Scores $16.9M Friday, 'Muppets' Rebounds With $12.3M
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police