Liev Schreiber cast as fixer "Ray Donovan" for Showtime
NEW YORK (TheWrap.com) - Liev Schreiber has been cast as the title character in "Ray Donovan," an upcoming Showtime drama from "Southland" creator Ann Biderman.
Schreiber's character is a Los Angeles "fixer" beset by family troubles. The series, executive produced by Biderman, Mark Gordon and Bryan Zuriff, will begin shooting in Los Angeles early next year.
Schreiber will next star in Mira Nair's thriller "The Reluctant Fundamentalist" with Kate Hudson and Kiefer Sutherland. The "Defiance" and "Manchurian Candidate" star will also appear with Jay Baruchel and Seann William Scott in the hockey comedy "Goon."
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media |
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- IMF's Lagarde put under investigation in French fraud case |