UPDATE 1-AstraZeneca to cut 1,150 sales jobs in US
Dec 7 (Reuters) - AstraZeneca said it will cut about 1,150 U.S. sales jobs, and expects to take a related charge of about $50-$100 million in the fourth quarter.
The company said the job cuts, which will account for about 24 percent of the company's U.S. sales force, will not impact its 2011 earnings outlook.
Shares of the company were down 16 cents at $45.68 on Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls