Uma Thurman to Get 'Smash'-ed on NBC
"Kill Bill" star Uma Thurman is coming to the small screen -- at least for a temporary stay.
Thurman has signed on for NBC's upcoming musical drama "Smash," in a five-episode arc, the network announced Thursday. Thurman will play "a famous and somewhat difficult movie star who flirts with the idea of starring in 'Marilyn,' the musical within the musical."
"Smash," which debuts Feb. 6 at 10 p.m. ET, stars Debra Messing, Christian Borle and Brian d'Arcy James and revolves around the production of a Broadway musical based on the life of Marilyn Monroe.
Thurman's upcoming big-screen projects include "Eloise in Paris," based on Kay Thompson's children's book.
Related Articles: Uma Thurman to Star Opposite Robert Pattinson Cannes: Robert De Niro, Jude Law & Uma Thurman Hit the Red Carpet (Slideshow)
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Financial health: The four numbers to zero in on
- Ebola patient coming to U.S. as aid workers' health worsens
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight