Uma Thurman to Get 'Smash'-ed on NBC
"Kill Bill" star Uma Thurman is coming to the small screen -- at least for a temporary stay.
Thurman has signed on for NBC's upcoming musical drama "Smash," in a five-episode arc, the network announced Thursday. Thurman will play "a famous and somewhat difficult movie star who flirts with the idea of starring in 'Marilyn,' the musical within the musical."
"Smash," which debuts Feb. 6 at 10 p.m. ET, stars Debra Messing, Christian Borle and Brian d'Arcy James and revolves around the production of a Broadway musical based on the life of Marilyn Monroe.
Thurman's upcoming big-screen projects include "Eloise in Paris," based on Kay Thompson's children's book.
Related Articles: Uma Thurman to Star Opposite Robert Pattinson Cannes: Robert De Niro, Jude Law & Uma Thurman Hit the Red Carpet (Slideshow)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- Fresh confrontations raise tempers on ground in Crimea |