Uma Thurman to Get 'Smash'-ed on NBC
"Kill Bill" star Uma Thurman is coming to the small screen -- at least for a temporary stay.
Thurman has signed on for NBC's upcoming musical drama "Smash," in a five-episode arc, the network announced Thursday. Thurman will play "a famous and somewhat difficult movie star who flirts with the idea of starring in 'Marilyn,' the musical within the musical."
"Smash," which debuts Feb. 6 at 10 p.m. ET, stars Debra Messing, Christian Borle and Brian d'Arcy James and revolves around the production of a Broadway musical based on the life of Marilyn Monroe.
Thurman's upcoming big-screen projects include "Eloise in Paris," based on Kay Thompson's children's book.
Related Articles: Uma Thurman to Star Opposite Robert Pattinson Cannes: Robert De Niro, Jude Law & Uma Thurman Hit the Red Carpet (Slideshow)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident