Uma Thurman to Get 'Smash'-ed on NBC
"Kill Bill" star Uma Thurman is coming to the small screen -- at least for a temporary stay.
Thurman has signed on for NBC's upcoming musical drama "Smash," in a five-episode arc, the network announced Thursday. Thurman will play "a famous and somewhat difficult movie star who flirts with the idea of starring in 'Marilyn,' the musical within the musical."
"Smash," which debuts Feb. 6 at 10 p.m. ET, stars Debra Messing, Christian Borle and Brian d'Arcy James and revolves around the production of a Broadway musical based on the life of Marilyn Monroe.
Thurman's upcoming big-screen projects include "Eloise in Paris," based on Kay Thompson's children's book.
Related Articles: Uma Thurman to Star Opposite Robert Pattinson Cannes: Robert De Niro, Jude Law & Uma Thurman Hit the Red Carpet (Slideshow)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans