Virginia Tech paper says policeman dead after shooting
WASHINGTON Dec 8 (Reuters) - A police officer was shot and killed at the Virginia Tech campus in Blacksburg, Virginia, the Collegiate Times newspaper said on Thursday.
The university's newspaper said the dead police officer was in the Cassel Coliseum near McComas Hall.
A second victim was shot, the university said in its Twitter feed.
"Stay indoors. Secure in place," the feed said.
The school described the suspect as a white male in gray sweat pants and a maroon sweat shirt.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Crimea votes to join Russia, Obama orders sanctions |