Virginia Tech paper says policeman dead after shooting
WASHINGTON Dec 8 (Reuters) - A police officer was shot and killed at the Virginia Tech campus in Blacksburg, Virginia, the Collegiate Times newspaper said on Thursday.
The university's newspaper said the dead police officer was in the Cassel Coliseum near McComas Hall.
A second victim was shot, the university said in its Twitter feed.
"Stay indoors. Secure in place," the feed said.
The school described the suspect as a white male in gray sweat pants and a maroon sweat shirt.
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip: report
- Suicide bomber kills 45 at volleyball match in Afghanistan
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video