Sinead O' Connor Weds in Las Vegas
Irish singer-songwriter Sinead O’Connor got married in Las Vegas Thursday night in true fairy tale fashion.
Four words, seven syllables: Las Vegas, pink Cadillac.
O’Connor married Irish therapist Barry Herridge, seven years her junior, on the night of her 45th birthday.
She told the Irish Independent that she wanted to get married in Vegas because it would be a "proper rock 'n roll wedding."
"I've been married before, but I've never had my dream wedding in Vegas. I wanted to do it there because it's casual, quick, not religious and, most of all, very romantic," O'Connor said.
On her personal blog she described it as "too glroious for words."
The couple met just months earlier when O’Connor solicited for a man on Twitter in August, and O’Connor told an Irish TV host that of all the e-mails and messages she received in response, Herridge’s was the clear winner.
The wedding took place in an empty chapel as not even O’Connor’s children were in attendance. She posted a photo to her website of the "celebrity guests" in attendance -- of which there were none.
This was her fourth wedding.Related Articles: No Gans, Celine or Elton -- What Next, Las Vegas? 'Mad Men' Brunch, Seacrest's Vegas Pop-a-Palooza, and Kimmel's Hollywood Feast
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Hong Kong protesters plan march after fruitless talks with government
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home