Canada withdrawing from Kyoto, official says
OTTAWA Dec 12 (Reuters) - Canada will formally withdraw from the Kyoto protocol on climate change, a government official told Reuters on Monday, making it the first nation to pull out.
The official did not give details, but Environment Minister Peter Kent, who has said it was a mistake for Canada to have signed up for Kyoto, has scheduled a media availability for 5 p.m. (2200 GMT) in Ottawa. (Reporting by Randall Palmer; Editing by Jeffrey Hodgson)
- Crisis deepens as Ukraine says Russian troops back rebel advance
- Ukraine leader says Russian forces are in the country as key town falls
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks