Canada withdrawing from Kyoto, official says
OTTAWA Dec 12 (Reuters) - Canada will formally withdraw from the Kyoto protocol on climate change, a government official told Reuters on Monday, making it the first nation to pull out.
The official did not give details, but Environment Minister Peter Kent, who has said it was a mistake for Canada to have signed up for Kyoto, has scheduled a media availability for 5 p.m. (2200 GMT) in Ottawa. (Reporting by Randall Palmer; Editing by Jeffrey Hodgson)
- Fired-up Republicans have edge in midterm turnout war
- Branson to meet Virgin Galactic space team after crash |
- Soldiers vie for power after Burkina Faso president quits |
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |