Canada withdrawing from Kyoto, official says
OTTAWA Dec 12 (Reuters) - Canada will formally withdraw from the Kyoto protocol on climate change, a government official told Reuters on Monday, making it the first nation to pull out.
The official did not give details, but Environment Minister Peter Kent, who has said it was a mistake for Canada to have signed up for Kyoto, has scheduled a media availability for 5 p.m. (2200 GMT) in Ottawa. (Reporting by Randall Palmer; Editing by Jeffrey Hodgson)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |