Commerzbank, govt in talks over state aid -sources
FRANKFURT Dec 12 (Reuters) - Commerzbank and the German government have been in intense talks for several days over possible state aid for Germany's second-biggest lender, several people familiar with the matter told Reuters on Monday.
The aim is to reach an agreement in principle by the Christmas holidays, they said. (Reporting by Frankfurt banking team; Writing by Maria Sheahan)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge