- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
A huge tornado tears through the Oklahoma City suburb of Moore, killing dozens. Slideshow
Republican-led House defies Obama on payroll tax
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Republican-led House of Representatives defied a White House veto threat on Tuesday and passed a bill to expedite approval of the Keystone XL Canada-to-Texas pipeline project.
The provision was part of a broader bill to extend a payroll tax cut for 160 million Americans. Democrats oppose Republicans' efforts to link the two issues and the measure is expected to die in the Democratic-controlled Senate.
(Reporting By Thomas Ferraro)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this