REG-Harmony Gold Mining: Statement re Hidden Valley JV
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
HARMONY PRESS RELEASE Harmony temporarily suspends its Hidden Valley joint venture operation following an earthquake in PNG Johannesburg. Wednesday, 14 December 2011. Harmony Gold Mining Company Limited ("Harmony" and/or "the Company") advises it has temporarily suspended operations at its Hidden Valley mine in Papua New Guinea (PNG) as a precautionary measure following a 7.1 magnitude earthquake in PNG early this morning (South African time). The mine is conducting a thorough geotechnical and structural evaluation before recommencing operations. Preliminary investigations have identified no major damage. Harmony and Newcrest Mining Limited operate Hidden Valley in a 50:50 Joint Venture. Ends. Issued by Harmony Gold Mining Company Limited 14 December 2011 For more details contact: Graham Briggs Chief Executive Officer +27 (0) 83 265 0274 (mobile) Henrika Basterfield Investor Relations Officer +27 (0) 82 759 1775 (mobile) Marian van der Walt Executive: Corporate and Investor Relations +27 (0) 82 888 1242 (mobile) Corporate Office: Randfontein Office Park P O Box 2 Randfontein South Africa 1760 T +27 (11) 411 2000 www.harmony.co.za JSE: HAR HAR NYSE: HMY ISIN No.: ZAE000015228 Registration number: 1950/038232/06 END
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- UPDATE 2-U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm