- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
Fed won't bail Europe out, Bernanke tells lawmakers
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke told Republican senators on Wednesday the Fed can't and won't provide bailout funds to support European banks or nations, lawmakers said.
"We're all concerned, is the American taxpayer going to be bailing out European nations and banks," Senator Lindsey Graham told reporters after a meeting with the Fed chairman.
"He said, no, he doesn't have the intention or authority to do that," Graham said.
(Reporting By Mark Felsenthal and Pedro Nicolaci da Costa; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this